Wednesday 15 July 2015

Superdrug’s Simply Pure Hydrating Serum


I normally spend my Sunday’s watching Lisa Eldridge’s make-up tutorials on her website – I must know them word-for-word now but I can’t stop as its just pure Sally-Heaven.  One Sunday, however, I came across Sali Hughes, beauty journalist for the Guardian who has her own channel too and I was watching one of her videos when she mentioned Superdrug’s Simply Pure Hydrating Serum being one of the best she’d tried for dehydrated skin and it only costs £2.69.  It has been designed for sensitive skins too – bonus.



I love a good serum so when I went back to the UK, I bought some so I could use this after my holiday to hydrate my suntanned face seeing as it contains hyaluronic acid, glycerine, amongst other relevant ingredients.  My combination skin has always suffered from dehydration (probably the red wine playing a part here) and even trusty Clarin’s Blue Orchid Oil couldn’t sort this out for me.

I can’t remember now where I learnt this little tip (or even if it’s true?) – it was either at Clarins or while studying beauty therapy - but if you lift up the skin with the side of your forefinger near the corner of your mouth and if you see horizontal lines then that means your skin is a tad dehydrated.  Well, I’ve been using Simply Pure Serum for 7 days now and them darn pesky lines have gone.  Gone.  Disappeared. Vanished.

The serum is a white gel and is pump-dispensed and one click will provide enough serum to cover the face, neck and décolleté (or where you need it).

Apply the serum after cleansing and before your moisturiser.  It’s designed for sensitive skin with a calming action so I thought it would be perfect after a week in the sun.  My skin is much softer, hydrated and feels very, very comfortable.


And I can still drink the vino…Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment